What is submersible water pump
Submersible pump is closed coupled type electric submerged pump. The electric motor has been used is fully hermetically seal with closed coupled with pump. It is converting rotating energy of the pump impeller to kinetics energy and due to its body construction, its convert to pressure energy. The big advantages of submersible pump type are cavitation will not operate in this type of pump. This types of required a positive head, no need for priming due to submerge the full body of are pump. Less electricity required to operate because less torque required to rotate the assembly of impeller. Submersible pump is a type of centrifugal pump close couple. Submersible pump is available for a verity of application such as semi solid liquid transfer, water transferring, and it is also use for transfer clean fluid.
How a submersible pump works?
Working principle of submersible pump
The working principle of this pump simple as the single stage centrifugal pump. When electricity is given to the motor, motor start rotates to pump shaft due to this section pressure is developed inside the casing of the pump, liquid start coming inside the transfer, pump casing and containing this operation until the motor stop and pump impeller push the liquid into discharge pipe. Discharge of the liquid is initiated due to continuous liquid filled up in pump casing, this is the simple working principle for this type of from pump. This type of pump is applicable with horizontal motor arrangement and vertical motor arrangement with pump. And this is used where the positive suction is present or excessive water is available like worksite, flooded, basement in construction sites and this is also use for transfer for slurry liquid. The dry run of this type of pump is danger for it, could be causes of catastrophic failure of pump and higher maintenance.
What are the types submersible pump?
There are mainly six types of submersible pump uses now day these are followings
- Utility types pump.
- Grinder type pump.
- Deep well pump.
- Bladder type pump.
- Bottom suction pumps (bore well type pump).
- Fountain pump.
How to select best submersible pump?
There are many factors responsible for select a good submersible pump. These factors are described below.
- How much liquid has to be discharged?
- What is the size of tanks are wells where pump to be install?
- How much heads to be need it means elevation to discharge.
- Rate of the discharge of flow
- Pressure requirement
- Temperature of the service liquid.
- Nature of the service liquid
- Power consumption of the motor and economic condition of the user.
- This is available in 1 hp to 250 hp powers.
- Capacity is approx. 20 to 28000 litre per minute. And total head approx. .4 bar to 6 be.
What is part use in submersible pump?
Parts of submersible pump
Some of the important parts are described below. Impeller, casing, shaft, coupling, electric motor, diffuser, check valve, electric cable.
Which pipe is best for submersible pumps?
The pipe selection depend on the the fluid nature, economy, life of requirement mostly PVC pipe use with this type of pump because of its low pressure and less flow design.
When submersible pump pumping low water flow what are the reason it?
For the troubleshooting of the submersible pump when it operates at low pressure, following check point need to be check before take maintenance that are following.
- Check the required electricity
- Insure any leakage in suction side.
- Check impeller condition (clogs, open)
- Obstruction in discharge line.
- Check available suction head.
What is advantages and disadvantages of submersible pump?
Advantages of parts submersible pump
- This pump does not need to primed.
- Efficiency is more than centrifugal pump.
- Its ca be handling slurry and fine liquid as well.
- Less noisy.
Dis advantages of submersible pump
- High risk of maintenance.
- Down time is more as compare to other type of pump.
- Troubleshooting is difficult, corrosion issue.
- Little expansive than other types of pump.