has an open opportunity to select his career according to interests like sector Plant and product design, Plant and product development, construction, Procurement of mechanical equipment, reliability and maintenance of mechanical equipment and devices, Automobile engineer, engineering services, research, and development, and manufacturing. The roles, skills, and responsibilities change according to his carrier field some of them described as below.
Disciplines within mechanical engineering include but are not limited to these are as follows: which is the best career mechanical engineer can choose for a better future.
- Project Engineer
- Site Engineer
- Service engineer
- Design Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Reliability Engineer
- Testing Engineer
- Commissioning Engineer
Key Skills Required for Project Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities of Project Engineer
Your deliverables as a Project Engineer will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Project Engineer is also a common name but within the Project Engineer categories are as follows: Static Equipment installation engineer, Rotating Equipment installation engineer, Piping Fabrication & Erection engineer, Structure Engineer, Mechanical QC engineer.
- Handling and understanding about structural calculations analysis and detailing of a Top Side module like PDMS model Perform design calculations also which are required for installation, load-lifting, and transportation analysis.
- Basic understanding about mandatory standards and codes, Coordinating with other disciplines (Department) and ensuring the deliverables, Maximize project efficiency and profitability
- Good understanding of Materials and Corrosion, Vibration in piping systems, Equipment fitness for service (FFS) Equipment materials of construction and welding process, and specifications about plant equipment.
- Identify project responsibilities, delegate phases Well Awareness of field engineering, construction, fabrication, and installation & determines project specifications, develops scope and parameters for project design, implementation.
- Develop and control the full project-plan life-cycle Assist the construction manager to establish project objectives, procedures, data collection methods, and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Prepare execution scheduled, provide updates of construction activities to management (manager) and analysis of manpower, equipment and other materials requirements, and monitor project performance.
- Maintain budgetary, scheduling, and project database oversight, and plans, and resolve the problems that could significantly affect costs or schedules. Knowledge about plant compliance, quality control and assurance standards and specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field of study with some specific skills required as per job like project management, project engineering, or project planning experience analysis of project (scope, schedule, cost, quality), management and manpower planning.
Key Skills Required for Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- preventive maintenance, cbm, rcm, mttr, mtbf, tbm, plant maintenance, utility maintenance, heat exchangers, troubleshooting of equipment, Turnaround, Shutdown, Mechanical maintenance, static equipment maintenance.
- Require knowledge of plant equipment maintenance and trouble shootings of (Static & Rotating) Chillers, Boiler, Air compressors dryer, air blowers, column, vessel, exchanger, valves, pipe lines, bulk material handling systems (MHS), instrument and utility air, DG Sets, AHU, HVAC, Water supply, Gas supply, Rain water network, STP and ETP operation and maintenance and thermic fluid heating system.
Roles and Responsibilities Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Your deliverables as a Senior Project Engineer will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for preventive maintenance.
- Must have knowledge of retrofitting and modification of old machines, inventory controlling, SAP for Maintenance.
- Prepare Plan for Preventive Maintenance for Utility, Monitor AMC, Maintaining spares and coordinate procurement with vendors and maintenance officers, Monitor equipment performance and ensure availability of appropriate spares.
- Minimize utility downtime, regular rounds and review process log books to monitor plant and utility and transformers, DG performance, discuss production problems with officers, monitor safety aspects inside the factory.
- Periodically review license status for statutory needs of Electricity Board, ETP and PCB, visit required statutory authorities and arrange for inspections to ensure safe working conditions in the Factory.
- Review maintenance and repair cost, Scrap, Waste Management, machine condition monitoring and availability of spares to save from down time. Take a decision on maintenance to be taken coordinate for disposal.
- Ensures wastages across the company and minimizes within the set company norms. Package rejections reduced below set norms, Implement TPM, TQM, Kaizen, FSMS, FSSA, follow SOPs as recommended by R&D, Prepaires document for internal Audits implemented and maintained. Follow safety guidelines of workmen and plant continually improving standards, processes, and procedures.
- Preferred QualificationsGood practical knowledge of necessary software, like AutoCAD and CAD/CAM, SAP PM, MM, Primaveera etc.
- Understanding of compliances and quality assurance guidelines and best practices about your job roles, implementation of previous experience with database design and development.